[Talk-us] How to get college students involved?

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Aug 6 19:28:42 BST 2010

  Greetings,

One of the things I've done is work with a local High School and
introduced them to OSM through Mapzen. Mapzen is comparable to potlatch.

Use mapzen and use the wiki to look up the things you're putting in -
i.e. - parking lots. Look at all the tags/things that can go into that -
the two make for a  great learning tool.

I'm a pretty competent ArcMap user - My "path" with OSM editing has been
Potlatch -> Mapzen -> Meerkartor -> JOSM.  I still make a ton of
mistakes - but it's fun - I would even say relaxing.

Take a look - Mapzen.cloudmade.com

Randy