[Talk-us] Rendering of semicolon delimited values (WAS: Would Like To Clean Salt Lake City Street Names)

Fri Aug 6 21:25:35 BST 2010

At 2010-08-06 08:17, Craig Hinners wrote:
>In my experience, Mapnik renders the semicolon as-is, rather than
>creating a shield/marker for each individual route number.

This seems to me to be an important gap in rendering, and not just highway
shields. Semicolon-delimited values have been an accepted and necessary
practice for a long time, but yet have almost no support in rendering (that
includes JOSM and Potlatch, BTW).