[Talk-us] Directional Prefix/Postfix Proposal

Kevin Atkinson kevin at atkinson.dhs.org
Sun Aug 8 06:41:49 BST 2010

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 18:43:33 -0600, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>
>> I am unlikely to try too push this though any time soon, so the
>> abbreviation police have won again, for now.
>
> Why so condescending?  I can't say this attitude is likely to change
> consensus in your favor, especially considering that whether or not to
> use abbreviations is a global issue, not a USian one...

Sorry to come off that way.

It just that this topic comes up again and again.  I thought I could make
a dent to the debate, but I was wrong.  You appeared to have not read the
full proposal and simply saw, yet another proposal for abbreviations, and
simply reacted with "no".  I'm sorry if I misjudged you.

In any case I rather not debate when and if to abbreviate any further.