[Talk-us] How to get college students involved?

Reiser, John J. Reiser at rowan.edu
Mon Aug 9 03:24:10 BST 2010

Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ: http://osm.org/go/ZciXY0xG
Most of the data came right from our CAD data, so those buildings should be spot on.

Links to what my students worked on: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/johnjreiser
Some of them really got into it, others did what was required. It's a good litmus test for when you need students for paid internships...

I'm looking into Mapnik or CloudMade tiles without backgrounds to use as a annotation layer on top of high-res aerial photography for our official campus map. I think it'll look great and attract students to OSM via our program.

John