[Talk-us] National Wetlands Inventory

TC Haddad tchaddad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 18:16:36 BST 2010

I think the original round of NWI data was mapped at a scale of around
1:50,000, - 1:60,000 and current efforts (since the early 2000's) are
to bring it to 1:24,000.

In my area, the modernization dollars have been spent in low elevation
coastal areas rather than on inland freshwater wetlands. There are
metadata polygons available that show where the data is of the newer
higher quality, so you might want to look into those before you choose
what areas to use...

Tanya