[Talk-us] OSM workshop at WikiConference NYC

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 21:01:30 BST 2010

I will be giving an OSM workshop (mini mapping party) next Sunday, from
11am-1pm, at the (second annual) WikiConference NYC.  The conference will be
at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, 721 Broadway.  The conference is free to
attend!

Keynote speakers include Clay Shirky and Wikimedia Foundation Director Sue
Gardner. There will also be panel sessions, open space sessions, and
lightning talks.

For the mini-mapping party, we will go out around the neighborhood and use
walking papers. We will come back and input the data. Although long-range
forecasts are not always accurate, it's projected to be a beautiful sunny,
84 F next Sunday in NYC.

If you are in or can come to NYC next weekend, do consider coming to
WikiConference NYC or at least come on Sunday and join the OSM mini-mapping
party.

More information and registration are available here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC

Cheers,
Katie

--