[Talk-us] What would you want done with TIGER 2010?

Wed Aug 25 02:36:04 BST 2010

At 2010-08-24 10:59, Mike N. wrote:
>  This was a hot topic at US SOTM.   It is my understanding that it will
> take a change to the law for the Census Bureau to reclassify the detailed
> addresses as not subject to the privacy laws.

There are also conflicts with state law. CA, for example, has a prohibition
against publishing the address of an elected official, which influences
what local county/city GIS systems allow in display and search of addresses
because of the availability of name/APN relations that could then be linked
back to addresses.