[Talk-us] What would you want done with TIGER 2010?

Wed Aug 25 02:44:48 BST 2010

At 2010-08-24 16:44, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>I'm pretty sure that personal information isn't released, at least not for
>a very long time. This comes up in genealogical contexts where past
>censuses are very valuable in tracing your ancestry.  I forget the exact
>number but its many decades, perhaps as many as 75-100.Â

"By law (92 Stat. 915, Public Law 95-416, enacted on October 5, 1978),
individual census records are sealed for 72 years"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census

I'm guessing that will be extended further again, based on increased
longevity and privacy concerns.