[Talk-us] How to use 2010 NAIP imagery for tracing?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 06:12:01 GMT 2010

I want to see what happens to our server if we start opening up more. So, at
least until y'all's traffic hinders our project, here's a URL for a
Potlatch-style tilecache of NAIP. The cache is not pre-seeded:

Potlatch 1:
http://navigator.er.usgs.gov/naip/tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/0/!/!/!

Potlatch 2:
http://navigator.er.usgs.gov/naip/tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/0/$z/$x/$y

This is caching the National Map Large Scale Imagery WMS layer:

http://raster.nationalmap.gov/ArcGIS/rest/services/Combined/TNM_Large_Scale_Imagery/MapServer

(WMS GetCapabilities link is at the bottom of that page).

NOTICE: I personally make no warranties as to how long this will run or it's
capabilties. More significantly, the USGS is not offering this as any kind
of regular service. Feel free to hit it while others are populating their
cache. Given that this is running on a cast-off server in Rolla, Missouri,
don't expect too great a performance.