[Talk-us] How to use 2010 NAIP imagery for tracing?

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 01:25:04 GMT 2010

Well I've been using it in JOSM for a good chunk of the day now,
editing I-70 in western Kansas and eastern Colorado along my drive to
wherecamp. It has been working pretty well. Every once in a while it
seems to slow down a bit but it is certainly usable.

I am using the tilecache in the imagery plugin. I did try the WMS
service as well. I gave the WMS plugin the capabilities URL and it
constructed a URL that errored out because it didn't have a "style"
parameter. I'm not sure if that is a bug in the WMS plugin or not but
after I added "&style=default" to the URL it worked as well. At high
zoom I noticed that there was a tiny offset between the tilecache and
the WMS imagery. Probably just a few inches on the ground. Maybe it is
just a projection thing?

Toby