[Talk-us] One in a million. Are you that mapper?

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Mon Dec 6 07:23:01 GMT 2010

Hi Richard,

we're working on migrate this template to a international one
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:User_group
used as a test here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Rostocker_Treffen

Jochen is working on a offline wiki harvester framework (for taginfo)
that can be used to filter this informations and embedding it into KML
as POIs.
Another problem will be where to host the page with this map and where
to store the KML. I guess we can do this little job on the German dev
servers, if it's appreciate.

By the way, for the next year I plan a "how do you map in XYZ" series
that spots on the local communities and their problems, work flow,
communication in a nice little story. But currently this is just an idea...

If anyone is interested on the local groups, Frederiks Book "Using and
Enhancing the free world map" has a free chapter about this topic:
http://openstreetmap.info/content/mapping_the_world.pdf

regards
Matthias