[Talk-us] Address Node Import for San Francisco

Fri Dec 10 10:10:32 GMT 2010

At 2010-12-09 17:14, Katie Filbert wrote:
>With buildings, our data was a bit denser. I did some by census tract and
>found some were too big for the OSM API and JOSM whereas census block
>group has worked well. With just nodes, I think you could do somewhat
>larger chunks.

Were the shapes (needlessly) over-digitized? I saw this with some of the
CASIL polygons, and with much of Kern County, where huge reductions
(thousands of nodes per square mile) were possible with little effect on
rendering, using the JOSM "simplify". Hopefully there is something similar
available in the import tool collection.