[Talk-us] US-Mexico border precision

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 01:52:48 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Adam Schreiber
<adam.schreiber at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I'm in the history of the border, I originally uploaded the border from
> TIGER.

I can't tell definitely who originally uploaded it due to merging of
ways, but it appears to have been created here:
It's certainly worse than the data from
http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/geo/shapefiles2010/main, which is much
better at following the curves of the Rio Grande, and checks out at
all the border crossings. One likely error is at
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=25.93454,-97.56975&z=15&t=T where TIGER
follows the existing import rather than the Rio Grande (Google seems
to have used the same import and has the same probable error), so I'll
add a FIXME tag to that section.

All I need now is for XAPI to start working so I can do the
replacement properly.