[Talk-us] NE2: Changeset 6612910: What is?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Dec 15 05:45:08 GMT 2010

On 12/14/2010 10:59 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On 12/14/2010 10:53 PM, Bill Ricker wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo-PVOPTusIyP/srOwW+9ziJQ at public.gmane.org
>> <mailto:baloo at ursamundi.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     > As far as Creek Turnpike and US 169, pics or it doesn't exist.
>>
>>     Certainly, but given that stopping is prohibited and there is a minimum
>>     speed limit, how do you propose these be taken?
>>

>> Dash mounted hands free video seems safer than explosive bolts on the
>> wheel to arrange for an opportune emergency stop.
>
> Ha, no doubt.  Especially considering how jumpy Oklahoma still is about
> the whole Timothy McVey thing.  I've been wondering where I can get a
> good dash cam that isn't activated by crash, though; Google seems to
> turn up only the crash cams.
>
>> A passenger that is a competent photographer in bright daylight might
>> work too
>
> 169 south of I44 is a dangerous enough road that most folks here hate
> driving on it and won't ride with someone who plans on taking it, so I'm
> thinking the dash cam is probably the winner.

I just drove it (since there's no traffic right now and it's in my
neighborhood).  The END 169 sign is approximately 790m east of Memorial
Drive, so it's after the interchange, but before you reach Memorial
Drive, approximately ¾ of the way west of the East 91st Street South
merge to the South Memorial Drive East split:  We were both wrong by
nearly a kilometer.  I've added the sign, if there's no objection, I'll
go fix the tagging.