[Talk-us] TIGER 2010 Imports

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Wed Dec 15 18:58:11 GMT 2010

> It would be good to document the process for loading the shape files
> into a database and setting up mapnik to render from that database.  I
> don't have the resources to do the whole US but I'd like to experiment
> with my neighborhood.

   A quick way to take a look is to use shp-to-osm with TIGER rules, then
load the resulting .OSM file in a separate layer in JOSM to overlay.     I
plan to take a peek, but it will be well worth waiting for the comparison
tool scripts to be adapted and tuned to this dataset.

http://redmine.yellowbkpk.com/projects/geo/repository/show/trunk/shp-to-osm