[Talk-us] TIGER 2010 Imports

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Thu Dec 16 14:33:44 GMT 2010

Alan Mintz wrote:
> At 2010-12-15 10:04, Ian Dees wrote:
>> Look at the TIGER edited map. There is *lots* of untouched TIGER data
>> in OSM:
>>
>> http://open.mapquestapi.com/tigerviewer/index.html?zoom=9&lat=40.07546&lon=-76.329999&layers=B
>> <http://open.mapquestapi.com/tigerviewer/index.html?zoom=9&lat=40.07546&lon=-76.329999&layers=B>
>
> Do you know what the criteria are for red vs. green? Unless this came
> from a very old dataset (<2009), I believe it's wrong. I see _way_ too
> much red in places where I've done a lot of work.

There was a village that was so messed up in TIGER I ripped it all out
and redid it from my GPS traces in September 2009. I can clearly
recognize my many hours of work, and this map shows it all in red. So I
don't think it can be trusted for deciding on where to import. Sorry.

http://open.mapquestapi.com/tigerviewer/index.html?zoom=9&lat=40.07546&lon=-76.329999&layers=B

Andy

--
Andy