[Talk-us] [Tagging] "refs" describing routes instead of ways

Thu Dec 23 03:23:24 GMT 2010

In parts of Southern CA that I've worked on, aside from the known/signed
CA-, I-, and county [A-Z]- route numbers, there are either:
- No road numbers (LA, Orange, San Bernardino)
- Road number in road books and rarely anywhere else (Kern County). I put
these in ref when I come across them in research, but don't like that they
render, and would rather put them elsewhere.

All bridges in the state have bridge numbers that are signed on or near
them, and I put them in bridge_ref so as not to conflict with the route (in
ref) that they carry.

I really don't want/expect anything to render other than the route numbers
in ref.