[Talk-us] Why addr:state rather than is_in:state?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Dec 26 11:23:36 GMT 2010

Hi,

> Many route relations use addr:state to describe what state the route
> is in. Should a tag intended for addresses be used this way, or is
> is_in:state a better tag to use?

The addr:* family of tags was created exclusively with addressing in
mind. Only objects that have a postal address should carry addr:* tags.
Routes do not receive mail so addr:* is misplaced on them.

Having said that - this is what he had in mind when we invented addr:*,
but of course if the wider community wants to use addr:* for different
stuff then I guess we cannot keep them from it...

Bye
Frederik