[Talk-us] Fwd: [Warning: Potential Flamewar] Clarifying InterstateRelations

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 01:14:42 GMT 2010

> I'm happy to use either method, but one of the reasons why I prefer the
> 1-relation-per-direction method is that it lets me quickly find areas that
> need to be split into dual carriageways.

same for me, Josm has good support for sorting and relations and checking
for gaps. also the relation analyzer will flag them without errors then.
this helped me so much when I tried to fix routing problems and a road is
disconnected because 2 nodes on top of each other or very small gaps in a
road.
One can always create a super relation to collect both directions into one
relation.