[Talk-us] [Warning: Potential Flamewar] Clarifying InterstateRelations

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Feb 9 02:00:27 GMT 2010

On 2/8/10 8:06 PM, Apollinaris Schoell wrote:

> anyone can edit the wiki. I can't remember there was an agreement that
> is the right thing to do. As far as I know there is no renderer or
> other tool using the ref/network tags from the relation. And for that
> reason I didn't really care if it makes sense or not.

between this, and some comments on the wiki made by NE2 on the
Talk:Interstate Highway relations
page, i suspect we're setting up for some spectacular results due to
hardheaded non-cooperation:

"i 'm not going to sign up for a third place to discuss the content of a
second place (this wiki) which governs the main place (OSM)

" ...but if consensus building all takes place in these various
back-channels, I truly will get no input until I make the changes, and
then be reverted

we need to do better than this. anyone can edit the wiki, but also
anyone can edit the map.

richard