[Talk-us] NHD accuracy on ski slopes (Winter Park, CO)

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Feb 10 16:27:17 GMT 2010

How accurate is NHD data?

I have a lot of streams going approximately down ski runs in CO here:

	http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.8671&lon=-105.7518&zoom=14

(yes the ski runs need mapping too)

There's no streams for many of those there in winter. I'm pretty sure summer is the same but I will check with people who know the area well.

If it turns out they don't exist, is it safe to kill them or might they actually be underground rivers now? And, does NHD know about underground rivers, and what should they be tagged if so?

Yours &c.

Steve