[Talk-us] GNIS - All Feature_Classes Imported?

am12 am12 at bolis.com
Thu Feb 11 21:13:26 GMT 2010

> It seems that not all GNIS Feature_Classes were imported

Correct.

I worked on part of it.  I don't remember the details, but there were
feature classes that overlapped with other data sources (like NHD) so did
not appear to be useful to import.  There were also many that did not map
cleanly into OSM tags.  I don't recall the pinnacles in particular, but
there certainly was *not* one big GNIS import.

And as mentioned, it could have been deleted also.

- Alan