[Talk-us] Conflicts of Interest

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Fri Feb 12 16:29:48 GMT 2010

Hi

One of the things we found at the OSMF is that you really need to be open about any potential conflicts of interest, like where you work or if you hold shares in TeleAtlas... that kind of thing. Anything a reasonable outsider could conclude is a potential conflict.

I think that for your own good so it's not a surprise to people, all those running for the board of OSMF-US should be upfront about it. I don't think there's any shame in it, but I can tell you from experience that people get very upset if you're not clear about everything from day 1.

Yours &c.

Steve