[Talk-us] OpenStreetMap US Local Chapter Election Ballot

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Feb 15 20:35:40 GMT 2010

On 2/15/10 3:27 PM, SteveC wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2010, at 1:25 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
>

>> On 2/15/10 3:13 PM, SteveC wrote:
>>
>>> Guys all the SOTM votes are run by independent parties with additional independent verification, you doing any of that here? It's a bias for one of the people on the ballot sheet to be emailing asking for the your 5 votes.
>>>

>> it is my  understanding that survey monkey (the tool being used) has good
>> controls for this sort of thing. additionally, i think that Serge is quite ethical
>> and as good a choice as any to oversee this.
>>
> I didn't say he wasn't, but I can tell you from evolving the OSMF that you have to be transparent about everything.

keep in mind that this is for a 6 month term, there is the opportunity
to put fixes
into the bylaws and throw out the winners of this round in a half a
year. if it's not
transparent enough for this round, it can be addressed.

i would urge everyone who has concerns to participate in the weekly
conference call.
win or lose, i'll be continuing to call in regularly.

richard