[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map (02-10-2010) update

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed Feb 17 16:32:53 GMT 2010

The map is up to 2.8GB!

These are based off of Lambertus's work here:

	http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php

I wrote scripts to joined them myself to lessen the impact of doing a
large join on Lambertus's server.  I've also cut them in large longitude
swaths that should fit conveniently on removable media.

	http://daveh.dev.openstreetmap.org/garmin/Lambertus/

There have been some missing tiles from Lambertus's map (the red
rectangles),  I don't see any at the moment, so you may want to update
if you had issues with the last set.

If you buy a new card (especially SDHC), some are FAT16 from the
factory.  I had to reformat it to let me create a >2GB file.

-- Dave