[Talk-us] TagWatch issues/questions

Fri Jan 22 03:46:04 GMT 2010

1. It seems that most of the times I try to get an extract for a specific
tag from TagWatch, it just hangs forever. If I do:

wget -S --timeout=3600 -O power.sub_station.osm
http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/osmxapi/*[power=sub_station]

it redirects to
http://osmxapi.hypercube.telascience.org/api/0.6/*[power=sub_station] ,
resolves and connects successfully to 137.110.119.130:80, then says "HTTP
request sent, awaiting response...", and then hangs forever.

2. On the Key usage overview page
(http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/North-america/En/tags.html), out of ~12000
different keys, ~9000 are for tiger:zip_{left|right}_*. It's not even clear
to me why these exist, but can TW be modified to ignore them, either in
it's initial extract (best) or at least in the usage page to make it load
in 1/4 the time?

Or how about fixing the bad data itself. Here's an example of one of them:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/17491252/history . I don't see a
purpose behind the 83 pairs of zip tags with identical values.

3. When I extract for specific values via the links on the right side of
the Key usage overview page for North America, the extracts seem to contain
points outside North America. Looking at the links, they don't mention
anything about NA in them. Is this intentional? Can I extract just NA (or
by bounding box)?