[Talk-us] openstreetmap.us

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:00:02 GMT 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>wrote:

> > Just so the rest of the community knows, I'm working on lining up hosting
> > for openstreetmap.us based on donated servers (from WIkimedia) and
> donated
> > rack space.
> >
> > It's slow going, so I haven't really been detailing it to the list. If
> > anyone is interested in knowing what's going on, I'd be happy to post
> more
> > details here.
>
> It doesn't have to be on the list, but I am interested to know what
> you're doing, and also to potentially offer some sys-admin assistance
> (that's my job).

 Since more than a couple people asked about this, here's the current
status:

I'm waiting to hear back from the Wikimedia folks about shipping
cost/weight/location so I can get FedEx/UPS to pick up the servers and
deliver them to VISI, a hosting provider in Minneapolis (my location).

Assuming we come to an agreement with VISI on rack space this coming week,
we should get at least two or three of the systems ready to go the following
week.