[Talk-us] script for adding layer=1 to bridges

dion_dock at comcast.net dion_dock at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 05:58:53 GMT 2010

I've noticed that a lot of bridges don't include a layer= tag. I suspect this is because they render OK in mapnik...but not so well with osmarenderer. (Consider the railroad in http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.76931&lon=-84.53762&zoom=17&layers=0B00FTF.)

I've spent a little time working on a script that would add a layer=1 tag to any way that has a bridge=yes tag but no layer tag.

What's the right forum to discuss this? How might I go forward using this to correct data? I have a few questions about how to format the OSM XML.

thanks,
-Dion Dock