[Talk-us] script for adding layer=1 to bridges

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:01:26 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> > I've noticed that a lot of bridges don't include a layer= tag.  I
> > suspect this is because they render OK in mapnik...but not so well with
> > osmarenderer.  (Consider the railroad
> > in
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.76931&lon=-84.53762&zoom=17&layers=0B00FTF
> .)
>
> I'd suggest to modify Osmarender rather than the data, then.

No this is  Tiger import data, the data arrived  wrong and was half
corrected. (much of tiger has intersecting nodes where there should be
bridges. some bridge insertion went without layering), It missing all but
implied layering of bridge-nature. What we can't tell without checking
satellite view is whether the bridge is at grade level with the Railroad in
a ditch, or if the bridge pitches up over the RR.

If two otherwise uncorrected tiger records cross with a bridge, the bridge
should be level-of-other + 1 , which normally would make it layer=1 as Tiger
has no layers.
If three, hard to tell which is top ...

--
Bill