[Talk-us] script for adding layer=1 to bridges

Dale Puch dale.puch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 00:39:44 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Dale Puch <dale.puch at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So a bridge over a river or dug ditch is layer 1, and the water would be
>>> 0
>>>

>> What about a dug ditch without a bridge over it?  Is that layer=0?  It's
>> certainly "open to the air surface", isn't it?  So when the ditch is dug,
>> the layer is 0, but then when I stick a plank on top of it it suddenly
>> becomes layer=-1?

Open to the air was a poor way for me to describe it.  Perhaps a slightly
better way is if the only thing covering it is a "way" that crosses it.  aka
a bridge or overpass.

If it is more than that, picture a park and a road on top (as I imagine the
below pic might be) then I would put the top as layer 0

> Oops, I totally misread that one.
>
> So 95 south at
> http://www.aaroads.com/northeast/pennsylvania075/i-095_sb_exit_020_04.jpgwould be tunnel=yes, layer=0?
>
> Or would it be left untagged altogether?
>
> Or something else?

Is it just a (very wide) road above?  (layer 0)  The road above would be
Bridge=yes layer=1
Is it building or park above (with or without roads)?  Tunnel=yes layer=-1
and the stuff above would be layer 0

--
Dale Puch