[Talk-us] script for adding layer=1 to bridges

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Fri Jan 29 00:53:19 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Dale Puch <dale.puch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it just a (very wide) road above?  (layer 0)  The road above would be
> Bridge=yes layer=1
> Is it building or park above (with or without roads)?  Tunnel=yes layer=-1
> and the stuff above would be layer 0

I'm not sure which is in the picture, but the one with Chestnut Street is
interesting.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=39.947699&lon=-75.141691&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

If you're going to put I-95 at layer=-1 (which I suppose you have to do due
to the park), then I think Chestnut Street is a good candidate for layer=0
and bridge=yes.  Then I guess you'd have to split Chestnut Street before it
crosses Columbus and make it bridge=yes layer=1.

Alternatively, I guess you could make the whole thing bridge=yes and
layer=1.  I don't really like either solution though.  Putting layer tags on
ways seems inadequate to handle this.