[Talk-us] Community Involvement

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 14:07:03 BST 2010

I want to be clear on the outset that this mail is personal, and while
I'm going to discuss some OSM US business, I'm not speaking on behalf
of the organization or the board in this mail.

With that out of the way...

At the OSM US board meetings, one area of frequent discussion is "How
can we get the community to be more involved with us?"

So this is an open ended question:

If you're in the US, what are your thoughts on the OSM US?  Is there
something you wish we were doing that we're not? What would you like
to see the organization doing? And how can we get you (personally)
more involved?

I'm really looking for practical answers, something we can take action
on and accomplish.

If you joined the organization, first, thank you, and second: What
were your reasons for joining?

And if you haven't yet joined the organization: Why not, and is there
something we could do to encourage you to join?

- Serge