[Talk-us] Removing tiger:* tags

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 19:23:25 BST 2010

As a general concept this is bad but in many cases a very good idea. many
tiger roads are completely wrong and there is absolute no value to keep any
of the tags. if a mapper does a significant change and is essentially just
keeping some nodes and the name tag then it's better to remove any reference
to a bad source.

a lot of tags for tiger uploads have no benefit and can be removed too
without loosing any valuable info. examples are
tiger:source
tiger:upload_uuid
and probably also
tiger:separated
tiger:county, with county borders available this is no longer useful

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Alan Mintz
<Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net<Alan_Mintz%2BOSM at earthlink.net>