[Talk-us] USGS National Map aerial imagery

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Jun 6 01:20:46 BST 2010

Lars Ahlzen <lars at ahlzen.com> writes:

> On 06/05/2010 07:07 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>> Do you have JOSM WMS urls to put in a josm config file for these?
>
> Well, not really... The example was from a dl:ed GeoTIFF.
>
> There's a link to the WMS capabilities description on this page:
>
> http://gisdata.usgs.gov/edc_catalog/fetch_layer_docs.php?LayerName=Boston,%20MA%200.15m%20%28Apr%202008%29
>
> That has four Boston 15cm layers plus the "Footprint" layer. The latter
> works fine in JOSM/WMS, but the actual image layers don't. The image
> layers are specified as queryable="0", which I suspect may be why. They
> seem to load in QGis, though, which confuses me. Any ideas to get this
> working?
>
> Otherwise, perhaps we can download the GeoTIFFs and serve them with
> MapServer or something...

I am not an expert with WMS URLs.  I have noticed that recently (1-2
months?) the JOSM WMS config that I had for the 15cm and 30cm massgis
imagery (I think same pictures, but massgis hosted) stopped working.
It's possible there is something wrong with the newer josm builds.  You
being able to use them in qgis points to something josm-specific.