[Talk-us] Uploading all Post Office Drop Box locations in

Joshua Finnie joshua.finnie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:05:21 BST 2010

As for the comment about copyright, I am not sure if this pertains to
geographic data like locations of post offices or mail boxes.  From
Wikipedia (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_status_of_work_by_the_U.S._government#Exemptions
):

Exemptions

Works by certain independent agencies, corporations and Federal subsidiaries
> may be exempt from US Government copyright status. For instance, material
> produced by the United States Postal Service<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service>
> [8]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_status_of_work_by_the_U.S._government#cite_note-7> are
> typically subject to normal copyright. Most USPS materials, artwork and
> design and all postage stamps as of January 1, 1978 or after are subject to
> copyright laws. Works of the former United States Post Office Department<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Post_Office_Department> are
> in the public domain (due to its former position as a cabinet department).

I think this exemption is dealing with the artistic works that come out of
the USPS like stamps etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Joshua Finnie
Central Connecticut State University