[Talk-us] [Tagging] Aeroway=Aerodrome Modifier Tags?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Jun 15 15:18:41 BST 2010

In my town of 6500 people the GNIS import claims there are three
airports, plus one the next town over.  GNIS is basically right, but the
admin_level (whatever; I don't care about the name) would help a lot.
We have:

  Minuteman Airfield, a real public-use airport for small planes.  2
  runways, and one of them is paved.  The public may use this airport
  24/7 and it has landing lights.

  A private ultralight landing strip.

  A private grass runway at an aviation museum

  1200' or so backyward strip in the next town.  I never knew, but it's
  really there.

So probably the latter three should only show up when zoomed in pretty
far.  Deleting those that are no longer there makes sense, but GNIS
around me has been accurate.