[Talk-us] Route Relation Nitpicking

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 17:14:43 BST 2010

Do you mind posting your "standard" for discussion and then we should
discuss and agree on something easy to map and easy to ise by rendering,
Garmin maps, other navi systems and update the wiki.  Changing existing
relation is vety easy with xapi download and josm for modification

And yes we can't use it on the way in a good way. But this is also tricky
for the renderer with multiple routes on same road.  Have tried once for
Garmin maps but order is random. A very special priority system will be
needed to render interstate shields first and add lower hier shields only if
there is space

On Jun 15, 2010 4:45 PM, "Nathan Edgars II" <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2...

>> How consistent are the US route relations? Should the relations with
>> network information in t...
Sorry, but the current de facto standard is largely my doing (while
completing these relations). It too is "written by one", and there was
some complaint about it. It shouldn't be taken as an actual agreed-on
standard.

>> [0] I note that this is the opposite of the ref= tag on the roads
>> themselves, where the n...
I think he's talking about whether there's a space or dash between
"US" and "66". The de facto and wiki standard for US and Interstate
Highways has always been a space during my time here. For lower
classes there is no standard at all.

Separating these into multiple tags on a way doesn't work because of
overlaps: a road can be in more than one system.