[Talk-us] US BLM Designated Wilderness

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 16:39:23 BST 2010

I have added most for state parks but didn't have a source for national parks and special areas in there. So yes a good plan to add them.
also it's good to remove the nature_reserve tag from the park itself and keep it only for designated areas. initially parks have been added only to show up as big green areas. Now with more and more details it's my favorite to define the park itself as a boundary and add details like nature_reserve and vegetation.
One recommendation. don't add the name to the area and a node with the same name like this node
  <node id='795304353' timestamp='2010-06-29T04:07:52Z' uid='191585' user='Erik Burrows' visible='true' version='1' changeset='5103001' lat='35.381583' lon='-115.64253'>
Rendering will create name duplicates whenever there is enough space.
If you need a reference to crosscheck the quality of the data check out http://www.greeninfo.org/
they have not yet agreed to open their license for osm but might do so in future.
it's the best reference for all areas open for the public in CA