[Talk-us] proposed first principles for United States road tagging

Kevin Samples ksamples at uga.edu
Thu Mar 4 23:37:03 GMT 2010

Hi,
I am a proponent of using the Highway Functional Classification System,
which Alan has described below and is on the wiki....
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Functional_Classification_System

I've classified roads in Clarke County, Georgia and the surrounding
counties using the HFC System with what I think are good results.
http://osm.org/go/ZSCaTrq

Kevin