[Talk-us] [US] NHD04090004

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 15:29:05 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Nakor <nakor.osm at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> I was importing NHD data in my area and found some issues in the data I
> downloaded: The Rouge River in Detroit area
> (<http://maps.google.com/?ll=42.450077,-83.303661&z=16>) is visible on the
> NHD map (see attached screenshot) but is missing from the dataset I
> downloaded and uploaded to OSM (see
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.450077&lon=-83.303661&zoom=16>). Have
> anybody ever seen this kind of issue? Any clue on how to get that data?

Did you also upload the NHDArea and NHDWaterbody data? Since the river
is pretty wide, the NHDArea data will designate the boundary of the
river rather than specify it only with a Flowline. The Flowline data
will include an "artificial" flowline for the river centerline (which
it doesn't look like you included in your OSM upload).