[Talk-us] [Tagging] Fast food vs. restaurant vs. cafe

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon May 3 14:44:26 BST 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com> wrote:

> good summary. and because of the rule "fast food to be avoided" I rarely map these. and interestingly I see more real restaurants and cafe in osm. are most mappers foodies?

I tend to map whatever is on the ground, despite my feelings about
whatever services may be offered or what is represented.

I think it would be nice to add a "restaurant guide" to the wiki that
lists generally agreed-upon tags for popular chains like we are
discussing, or have an easy interface into tagwatch or similar to see
what other people are actually tagging on these businesses.

--
Jeff Ollie