[Talk-us] Civil Defense Sirens?

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Mon May 3 18:44:02 BST 2010

Kansas just tested them this morning. There is one on the roof of the
building I work in. But even looking at the high res (<1m) photos
available from the county GIS website, all I can see is "there is
something there" but I can't pick out a distinctive siren shape. This
would definitely take boots on the ground.

As for testing times, isn't that usually coordinated state-wide? Or is
it just local? I thought they did a full test of the emergency alert
system including sirens, TV and radio break-ins at the same time but
I'm not sure.