[Talk-us] Path/Cycleway/Footway/Track

Val Kartchner val42k at gmail.com
Fri May 7 20:50:13 BST 2010

The descriptions on the wiki are quite ambiguous as to when to use path,
track, cycleway, footway or bridleway.  There aren't any places around
here that I've tagged as bridleway, so I'll leave that one alone for
now.  Otherwise, here is the criteria that I have been using:

Track: Unpaved, way wide enough for a vehicle.
Cycleway: Paved, usually urban and asphault, way designated for use by
bicycles.
Footway: Paved, usually concrete, way designated primarily for use by
pedestrians.

Are these good definitions?  If so, let's modify the wiki to be
unambiguous.

- Val -