[Talk-us] Resigning in protest

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 13 01:32:12 BST 2010

Hi,

Anthony wrote:
>         What if a new contributor reverts it?  Would the revert then be
>         considered ODBL?
>
>     A revert is an edit like any other.
>
> What does that mean?

It means that the legal situation in the following two cases is exactly
the same:

1) A creates road; B edits road; C edits road.
2) A creates road; B deletes road; C undeletes road.

> Maybe it was a bad idea to start out with CC-BY-SA, but ODBL is worse,
> and the process of "switching" is worst of all.

I don't think that CC-BY-SA is worse but you seem to have a peculiar
interpretation of things stateside so YMMV.

Any license change in an open project is always a painful process for
the community.

Bye
Frederik