[Talk-us] Getting data from ArcIMS servers

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sat May 15 21:34:39 BST 2010

Oh that is awesome! The images are perfectly aligned with my GPS
traces and as a special bonus, they seem to have been taken during the
winter as there is no foliage on trees to obscure things like there is
in the Yahoo imagery of my area. I can totally count parking spaces
and even see the striping in the roads! I currently don't have
explicit permission to use layers other than the imagery for mapping
in OSM but I will have to play with this and see what's there.

It might be a good idea to create a wiki page about ArcIMS servers
that contains some of this information. I might look at doing it once
I play with it some more...

As for the configuration problems, that's not going to change until
they hire a new director. I pointed out some simple link errors on
their site and got a "yeah... we're not going to touch it" response.

Thank you!
Toby