[Talk-us] Street Naming Conventions

Dale Puch dale.puch at gmail.com
Wed May 19 01:04:55 BST 2010

Do "Old Olive Street Rd" and "Old Olive St Rd" have overlapping street
numbers?
No, then the street number distinguishes location.
If Yes then do the rest of the address match up?
No this time then the rest of the address distinguishes location.
If Yes again, someone messed up the street naming.

Unless someone messed up, either one should work.  If it is a continous
road, I would standardize on one name.  Personally I would use "Old Olive
Street Rd"

As far as searches go, the engine just needs to be smart enough to try
matching the various full words and abbreviations, and offer a choice if
more than one results turn up.

Dale