[Talk-us] Address Lookup

Peter Batty peter.batty at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:52:26 BST 2010

I don't agree that there is no value in address range interpolation like TIGER uses. As anyone who has edited TIGER data knows, it is not very accurate. So cleaning that up (address aspects as well as geometry and attributes) is a valuable thing that we can do in OSM. Getting a viable geocoding function using address ranges is much more achievable in terms of the effort needed than doing individual properties. And the two approaches complement each other anyway - you can always search for a specific property address and fall back to an address range if you don't find it.

Cheers,
    Peter.