[Talk-us] Changeset to revert (or defend?)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue May 25 12:39:09 BST 2010

Hi,

Mike N. wrote:
> This works only if the section tagged with layer = -1 only includes that
> which is covered by the bridge.   Tagging an entire road which happens to
> pass under a bridge as layer = -1 does not match what's on the ground.

Correct. We have confounded many old-style GIS people with our layers,
where we simply cut up a layer=0 road in the middle and mark a little
bit layer=1 or so. What they expect and we don't have is something like
a "ramp" that starts at layer=0 at one end and ends at layer=1 at the
other ;) we may yet have to introduce this at some point if we want to
correctly map all lanes in multi-storey car parks.

Bye
Frederik