[Talk-us] Proposal: delete census-designated place polygons

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Fri Nov 12 00:58:53 GMT 2010

Re-sending to list.

> I'm proposing to delete the polygons (in Florida only for now) *if a
> corresponding place node exists* or it can be shown that the name is
> only used for census purposes ("West and East Lealman"?). Does anyone
> have any comments? Any benefits to keeping them?

 I don't know of any benefits to keeping them - they meet the definition of
something that belongs in its original database - there's no value added in
bringing them into the map - they don't need to interconnect or interact
with other map elements, and checking or resurveying them on the ground is
difficult to impossible.