[Talk-us] How to use 2010 NAIP imagery for tracing?

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 18:52:05 GMT 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> The WMS URLs on
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/National_Agriculture_Imagery_Program
> don't have the latest imagery available from NAIP, which is
> downloadable as huge (1 gig) georeferenced MrSID files. Is there any
> way to use these as a background for tracing?

Stay tuned: "something" is coming in the next month for NAIP.

For now, use my test tile cache with slippymap plugin by adding the
following lines to your ~/.josm/preferences file:

slippymap.custom_tile_source_1.ext=jpg
slippymap.custom_tile_source_1.name=NAIP
slippymap.custom_tile_source_1.url=http://cube.telascience.org:8000/naip

(Change the _1 to the next unused number in your custom tile source list).